Paula Lock Smyth Law Offices, located in Dallas, Texas, providing Litigation and Local Counsel Services in State and Federal Courts, as well as Mediation and Arbitration Services since 1985 and Collaborative Law Services since 2002.
Senior Attorney, Paula Lock Smyth, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator and Collaborative Lawyer. Full range of family law practice, including pre- and post-marital agreements, divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, grandparent access, name change and termination and adoption. Also providing probate, wills, powers of attorney and guardianship services. Extensive litigation experience, with favorable results in both jury and non-jury cases. Experienced as mediator and in collaborative law. Serving Dallas, Denton, Collin, Tarrant, Rockwall and other Texas Counties.
Shareholder, Zisman Law Firm, P.C. a mid-sized downtown Dallas law firm. Litigation in state and federal court. First chair bench and jury trial experience. Predominantly Family Law practice, with contract, guardianship and probate law trial experience, and mediation services.
Principal, Paula Lock Smyth Mediation Services, Attorney-Mediator. Trained as neutral mediator and facilitator of negotiated settlements in all civil cases by the American Academy of Attorney-Mediators, Inc.
Partner, Biles & Lock, P.C. Provided excellent client service in a predominantly family law practice. Achieved favorable resolution of complex, difficult-to-win cases, particularly two jury trials, through meticulous preparation, legal research and dedication.
Associate Attorney/Branch Manager, Hammerle & Associates. Practiced in all civil areas, including drafting & enforcing contracts, preparing incorporation documents and buy-sell agreements, and handling probate, general civil litigation and family law matters. First trained as mediator for Denton County Settlement Week.
Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Civil Litigation
- Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Juris Doctorate – 1985
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- A.B. – 1982
- Major: Business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Annette Stewart Inn of Court, Master
- College of the State Bar, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas LCL, Past President
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law, ADR and Probate Sections
- Collaborative Law Institute, Charter Member
- Associate of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Zisman Law Firm, P.C., Shareholder
- Paula A. Lock Mediation Services, Principal
- Biles & Lock, P.C., Partner
- Hammerle & Associates, Associate Attorney/Branch Manager
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteers, Texas Lawyers Assistance Program
- Volunteer Mediator, Dispute Mediation Services of Dallas
- Member, Fellowship Dallas church
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Founder and Past President, Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Upsilon Chapter, Duke University
- Volunteer, Texas Lawyers Assistance Program
- Member, Rich-Tone Chorus
- Member, Sweet Adelines International
- Member and Community Group Leader, Fellowship Dallas Church